GLUI

Started by
9 comments, last by domstyledesign 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi, Does anybody know about glui library,i just want to create menus on it didnt find out any examples of creating menus in glui?Can anybody help me.
Advertisement
ive done some stuff in GLUI. you dont have much control over it but you have all the menus, listboxes, checkboxes etc etc for it , all in all a nice neat little interface. you can download the GLUI libraries and it comes with examples. just type in GLUI on google and you will get plenty of matches. here is one for starters..

http://www.nigels.com/glt/glui/

have fun!
heh
Thanks mate, i m working using vs.net and its giving me an error when i will run the program
Linking...
LINK : error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A00000C) GLUI_Master
LINK : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
any idea i put my glui.h file in the same folder as glut and i included the file as a glui.h at the starting of project
i think i answered this is one of your other posts. try making sure that glui32.lib is in your project settings->link tab with the rest of the .libs you include.
heh
Quote:Original post by OpenGL_Guru
ive done some stuff in GLUI. you dont have much control over it but you have all the menus, listboxes, checkboxes etc etc for it , all in all a nice neat little interface. you can download the GLUI libraries and it comes with examples. just type in GLUI on google and you will get plenty of matches. here is one for starters..

http://www.nigels.com/glt/glui/

have fun!

actually, you get CONTEXT menus, but not window menus. however, you can control multiple context menus which you can then use to basically make your own window menu using ortho mode.... but by then you're starting to write your on UI, which i believe most people prefer over GLUI.

GLUI is nice for beginners, but it does have some bugs and is kinda ugly. i recommend you don't become dependent on it because you'll either get tired of looking at it, tired of using it... or both.
I may be mistaken, but doesnt GLUI use glut? Or was tha OGLUI?
i think GLUI works on top of glut yes.

in your opinion whats the best way of making your own GUI? does SDL make it easy yet flexible or what would you suggest?
heh
Basically i didnt work that much on Opengl but i tried to work on some examples and its look alrite do you have any idea how to make menu look nice like windows including glui ?Is there any tutorials regarding to menu created like windows menu becoz i want to create menu in game.

<br />old terrain editor

it uses glui (on top of glut). you can build something *similar* to the menus you want.

use a 2d projection to make the menu options (File, Edit, View, Help, whatever). use GLUI to build the menus (Save, New, Exit, whatever). after you have all your menus built, just put something in your mouseMove(...) function to detect if the mouse is over one of your menus, and bind the corresponding menu. this is straight out of the above proggy.
void moveMouse(int x, int y){	if(y<25 && x<210){		glutSetMenu(fileMenu_bar);		glutAttachMenu(GLUT_LEFT_BUTTON);	}else{		glutDetachMenu(GLUT_LEFT_BUTTON);	}	}

Hi,
i m new to opengl so dont know alot is there any tutorial which will help me to do a menu like you showed me in the domstyledesign digram.Thank for your previous reply.

[Edited by - Genius_Bobby on November 11, 2004 6:56:12 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement