Sign in to follow this  
DrGUI

Two questions...

DrGUI    402
[repost] (page 3! I'm sure not many people bother to look down there) In pixel shaders when you use the tex1d instruction, does your 1D texture have to be horizontal or vertical? Which way do you usually have it? I am writing my effect framework for my game so that textures can be loaded from texture annotations. If only size as specified on a 1D texure, what should I use as the width and height parameters for texture creation? Why is the A8R8G8B8 backbuffer format shown in device options when not supported by my ancient card? I use CheckDeviceType to validate it. I turned to the DX SDK for help, but that showed it too and had an ugly error when it was set. Is there anything I can do about this, I would like to think that it is not the driver because A8R8G8B8 is not shown to be supported in the Caps Viewer.

EvilDecl81    360
Quote:
Original post by DrGUI
[repost] (page 3! I'm sure not many people bother to look down there)

In pixel shaders when you use the tex1d instruction, does your 1D texture have to be horizontal or vertical? Which way do you usually have it?
I am writing my effect framework for my game so that textures can be loaded from texture annotations. If only size as specified on a 1D texure, what should I use as the width and height parameters for texture creation?

Why is the A8R8G8B8 backbuffer format shown in device options when not supported by my ancient card? I use CheckDeviceType to validate it. I turned to the DX SDK for help, but that showed it too and had an ugly error when it was set.
Is there anything I can do about this, I would like to think that it is not the driver because A8R8G8B8 is not shown to be supported in the Caps Viewer.

There are no 1D textures in DX. The tex1d instruction in HLSL is an optimization, telling HLSL That the second component is irreleveant. So the answer to your question is that it is indexed in the horizontal (x) direction.