• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rohde

Recommendation of the day: Ultimate++

This topic is 4975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a recommendation for you all. I would like to recommend Ultimate++. Yes, it's still in beta, heck it's probably even alpha. But it looks very promising. I've only toyed with it for a few days and it's very rough around the edges but it feels great. Ultimate++ is a new Windows/Linux C++ platform. It includes an IDE, simply dubbed TheIDE, and a C++ GUI library called Ultimate++. It works for Linux as wells as Windows. On the latter OS you can use the MS Free C++ Toolkit or MinGW. Ultimate++ will detect either one automatically during setup and use that for compiling. TheIDE is a very different IDE from what you're used too and very unconventional but it really feels excellent. The best thing is the GUI library which is a modern C++ framework which makes it a breeze to make GUI apps. TheIDE insludes a visual designer as well. Do note that it uses non-native widgets which for some is a no-go. When that's said, it is very easy to make you own controls. The "bad" stuff: It's still very early in development and as such it's extremely crude and rough. There's almost no documentation whatsoever at the moment which is a show stopper (I'm writting some myself). Anyway if you'd like a different IDE with a good cross platform library try it out. I'm impressed, all considering. Link: Ultimate++.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!