Sign in to follow this  
phil05

[java] Greetings & Why I chose Java over C#...

I started with C++ for a few years and migrated to C# but I realized C# didn't have applets which my game really depended on. So now I bought a book on Java and downloaded Eclipse, and I'm glad I did make the change :) Java seems to be really awesome so far. I love the idea of embedded gaming on the internet. I see a great future for it. I just hope Java becomes faster and keeps growing. What made you guys interested in Java? What's the best embedded java game so far on the net other than Runescape? I have a great game documented but before I get to the point of programming it, it'd be great to study other games made in Java. Thanks.

Hey whats up.
I just started with java like a week ago and so far i really like it. This is my first time learning any programming language.
Just like you, I myself had to choose between C# and Java..and i chose java and im glad i made that decision.

Good Luck to you

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by davenirline
what's the URL of runescape? been hearing it for a while. i haven't seen it.

Did I miss something, or does this have nothing to do with the current thread?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by davenirline
what's the URL of runescape? been hearing it for a while. i haven't seen it.

Did I miss something, or does this have nothing to do with the current thread?

Woe, nevermind - the first post didn't show up the first time I loaded the page. Sorry!

Guest Anonymous Poster
As far as Java goes, RS sucks. No, really. You want to google for the genetic tron clone, or go find the 5 years old "underwater swimming turtle" applet.

Have a look at the better games on http://javagamesfactory.com (there's a lot of crud on there, but also some really good stuff)