Sign in to follow this  
NiteLordz

Multiple Textures to One

Ok guys, you hav been helping me out here, and here goes another ? for ya. I have this nice model done in 3d studio max. i export it an x file using panda, and then render it to the screen with my engine. very plain and simple. however, i want to add a normal mapp to it, to help enhance it. I am also using ati's normal mapper for ease. however, my model consists of 8 different textures, each small, but one for his shirt, pants, face, etc... how do i combine all those textures into one ? i see so many models consisting of one texture and they are nicely "packed" into that texture. hope someone can help till next time.

You need to use 3ds max's Unwrap UVW modifier. However, I've never used it, so I can't give you any help with it. In outline, I believe that it "unwraps" your 3D model, and re-arranges the triangles on to a 2D plane, in a certain configuration. From this, you create your texture map. You might like to try Ultimate Unwrap3D, an excellent program that elaborates on unwrapping 3D models for texturing. It supports a great number of file formats, too...