fragMOTION 0.4.1 beta released

Started by
20 comments, last by RolandofGilead 19 years, 4 months ago
Please try out my character animator, fragMOTION. Please tell me your opinion too, love it, hate it, rip me a new one for all I care, just tell me something. thanks, dave
Advertisement
Very nice !! This can basically replace milkshape and characterfx.
Author Freeworld3Dhttp://www.freeworld3d.org
Impressive. That's alot of work and it looks great.
Thanks for the praise. Did either of you encounter any problems?

dave
Your site is broken, i can't see any images on there and i can't download the program (getting a forbidden message). Tried with both IE and FF but no difference.

Would like to see and try your modeller, currently looking for one to use for my game.
Congratulations, very good job!
One thing: I load MD2 models, but I can't understand how to play their animations. I select the animation, push the "play" button but the models don't move.
nts, try it again, I think I fixed the problem you were having.

mikeman, thanks for the heads up, the .md2 importer shouldn't even be in the install since fragMOTION only handles skeletal models right now. I've been thinking of how I can mod the program so it'll handle vertex animation as well but I don't know when I'll have that done.

dave
this is amazing. as said earlier this will replace character fx and milkshape. The no poly count limit is amazing compared to milkshape and the potential for bump maps and detail textures is wicked :) So far everything I have used it for has worked beautifully (animation of .ms3d files). I also love how you show vertex affiliations with bones.

I do have a question for you. Did you develop this using mfc?
Wow, this is some pretty good stuff. I just had a quick play in it and I have to say I like it. UI is friendlier than Milkshape yet it has the same feel to it. It even has UV unwrapping tools, meanig I wouldn't have to crank Lithunwrap. When are you expecting to release it and how much will it be?

EDIT: Will you be publishing details of the file format?

Good work!

-Oli
SnakeHunta, fragMOTION was developed using ATL.

evolutional, I'm planning on releasing it sometime in December. There will be at least one more beta release before then. The price will probably be $15. I'll definitely publish the formats for both .arg and .ugh files when I release the sdk. The sdk should be available in a few weeks. Also, if you try out the unwrapping, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on that too. I've seen some problems with seam detection and I'm curious to know if anyone else has trouble.

Thanks for your time guys,
dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement