Sign in to follow this  
evolutional

[web] For anyone needing hosting...

I just got an email from Brinkster that might interest those of you looking for a good hosting package (in fact, I received a similar one two days ago but forgot to post). They're cutting the price of their Developer package from $18p/m to $9p/m. Here's a list of features:
  • Free Domain
  • 2000 MB WEB SPACE
  • UNLIMITED WEB TRAFFIC
  • 500 POP3 E-MAIL ACCTS (incl. Brinkster WebMail)
  • 100 MB Mysql database
  • 50 mb ms sql server database
  • FTP ACCESS
  • ASP 3
  • ASP.NET
  • PHP
For $108 US per year (around £60-£70) this is a pretty damned good deal, especially for the MSSQL server space that normally costs a fortune. You'll need to sign up for their free educational account and then upgrade to the developer package to take advantage of this. If you are interested, make sure you hurry as the offer expires on the 12th November 2004. I'd be taking up this offer if I'd not already got hosting, so I thought I'd share this with y'all.

That's a very good package. The package I use is much less of everything, but it comes to about only $20 a year. So I'll stay with this. I'll advertise this though, it's a kick ass offer.

Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
That's a very good package. The package I use is much less of everything, but it comes to about only $20 a year.

Which package are you on? I'm tempted to switch over in April when this hosting expires, shame the Brinkster offer won't be on then - I've looked for UK OneandOne packages and none of them are as dirt cheap as $20p/a ^_-

Quote:
Original post by evolutional
Which package are you on? I'm tempted to switch over in April when this hosting expires, shame the Brinkster offer won't be on then - I've looked for UK OneandOne packages and none of them are as dirt cheap as $20p/a ^_-

Hosting: 1Portfolio - $7.99/year
Domain: 1and1 - $5.99/year

It's very good hosting too, with CPanel support and all. Awesome customer service too.

Then just check this one:
https://www.b-one.net/

Price per month in GBP 0.90
Web space in MB 125
Transfer/month Unlimited
E-mail accounts ua (unlimited)
Webmail - POP3 - IMAP - SMTP yes
Virus- and spam filter yes
FTP-login 1
ASP - PHP4 - MySQL yes
Statistics yes
Daily backup yes
Free mail support within 24 hrs. yes
Setup fee 9.00

I think this offer is really really good.

Luck!
Guimo

I just hope I could find something like that but using JSPs... I dont know why JSP hostings are too overpriced... ju can setup a Java Server using Linux, Apache and Tomcat... using MySQL...

Luck!
Guimo