Profiling on VC++ .NET 2003

Started by
7 comments, last by daerid 19 years, 5 months ago
Where is it? If I remember right on VC++ 6.0 it was on the debug menu. My application is a Win32 console app. I tried a bit of searching on google but no luck. Edit: Great, I just read it doesn't have profiling. Way to go! VC 6.0 bad stl library VC 7.0 no profiling Things like this make me think sticking to linux for good!
Advertisement
You can't. Get the DevPartner community edition.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
check amds website for code analyst and use that instead.
Or get a free 30-day trial of VTune if you're on an Intel CPU.

Surprisingly, VTune doesn't do a good job on AMD hardware, and CodeAnalyst doesn't do a good job on Intel hardware. Go figure :-)
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
if you can spend a bit of money, try glowcode www.glowcode.com. Its not too expensive and its pretty good. Its a sampler so no recompiling necessary.

Cheeers
Chris
CheersChris
has anyone tried the PIX profiller with DirectX yet?
Quote:Original post by antareus
You can't. Get the DevPartner community edition.

I second this recommedation. I've been using DevPartner and it works good enough for my needs -- there are free and paid versions.
IIRC, MSVC .NET 2003 only shipped with a built in profiler with the Enterprise Architect and Enterprise Developer editions, so if you have standard or professional, you need to go with a third party tool.
My MSDN Enterprise Architect didn't come with a profiler, so I don't think 2003 ever did, really.
daerid@gmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement