Beginnner question

Started by
1 comment, last by hplus0603 19 years, 5 months ago
I whant to make 3d games, but when I download a 3d free software like DARCKBASIC or a trial of 3d game maker I dont have any plug-in for the 3d studio max that allow me to make my own 3d models, hellp me. I need a software (free) and a way of do my 3d models with the 3d studio max v.5 my e-mail is bandinopla@hotmail.com and my site www.geocities.com/bandinopla
Advertisement
Blender 3d is an open source modeller, tons of tutorials around the web. It might be what you are looking for...

Blender 3d export formats

... if I misunderstood and you are looking for convertors for 3ds, then all I can suggest is [google]. There are command line tools around that convert 3DS files to Microsoft Direct X .x files for instance.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
An exporter and file format handler for 3dsmax v5.1, with plug-in, can be found at The Cx File Format Page.

Another good format is the Microsoft ".x" model format. If you're using Direct3D, it has functions built in to load, process, and render these meshes, and the DirectX SDK comes with an exporter for 3dsmax. I also improved that exporter a bit, and made it use ISkin instead of Physique; you can find it at my page.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement