The cost of doing an MCAD in the UK?

Started by
4 comments, last by BlackBox 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi forum, This post is more directed to UK members, but anyone is free to leave an opinion. I want to know if any of you know how much and MCAD usually costs to do in the UK. I am living in London and I want to know the price (roughly) of doing an MCAD. I know they dont come cheap. I went to a recruitment agency called New Horizons in Old Street, London, which have got a good reputation and are a Microsoft Certified Partner. The thing is they charge £5,500. Ive been told that these courses shouldnt cost that much, so I may be paying for their teachers and their equipment and is not worth it for a few months. In UK, Im finding employment very difficult to get as a recent graduate I hear a lot of companies dont care much for degrees anymore but specific training, and they tend to be embracing .NET a lot in many but not all UK jobs, but Im seeing a lot of companies requiring staff with training in .NET. Other UK members, what do u think? Have you done or considering doing an MCAD or any other Microsoft Certification? How much did it cost and with what agency? Thanks in advance DarkStar UK (not willing to pay £5,500)
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
Advertisement
I don't know how much an MCAD should cost in the UK because I've never loked into getting an MCAD.

Why do you want an MCAD? I've never seen an employer require one -and I don't suppose you want it for your health...
To the previous poster, I dont know about the UK, but in this country an MCAD(or any kind of certification specific to your job) is worth quite a bit. And a good pay increase comes with it.
Hi Thanks for reply,

In the UK a lot of employees are asking for people with .NET traninig. Not all though!!!!

As a recent graduate, Im finding it difficult to find work. Employees not asking for C++, Java and all those individual langauges, they looking for people as I have said who Know technologies and the specifics.

Im not saying doing an MCAD is the only way, but its one way.

What do you think?

DarkStar
UK
---------------------------------------------You Only Live Once - Don't be afriad to take chances.
deathtrap: Which country? I've never seen a job posting in the US or the UK asking for an MCAD.

Dark Star: If the goal is to get a job and not an MCAD then have you considered applying as an intern to a company with the option of joining them after three months or so? Most will only start internships in the summer, but it's a thought.

I know quite a people who just completed their masters and got jobs as interns to employ the strategy I just described. Companies generally value experience over pieces of paper (and since your bachelor's degree isn't helping...).

Then you can use the 5,000 UKP on rent and food while you are on a more modest salary.
Quote:Original post by Dark Star
Hi forum,

This post is more directed to UK members, but anyone is free to leave an opinion.

I want to know if any of you know how much and MCAD usually costs to do in the UK. I am living in London and I want to know the price (roughly) of doing an MCAD. I know they dont come cheap.

I went to a recruitment agency called New Horizons in Old Street, London, which have got a good reputation and are a Microsoft Certified Partner. The thing is they charge £5,500. Ive been told that these courses shouldnt cost that much, so I may be paying for their teachers and their equipment and is not worth it for a few months.

In UK, Im finding employment very difficult to get as a recent graduate I hear a lot of companies dont care much for degrees anymore but specific training, and they tend to be embracing .NET a lot in many but not all UK jobs, but Im seeing a lot of companies requiring staff with training in .NET.

Other UK members, what do u think? Have you done or considering doing an MCAD or any other Microsoft Certification? How much did it cost and with what agency?

Thanks in advance

DarkStar
UK
(not willing to pay £5,500)

Just buy the books, and only pay for the exams.

By the way, there are lots of jobs looking for microsoft qualified people at the moment.
(Just check "computing" newspaper!)

UK
---------------------------- ^_^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement