Sign in to follow this  

Converting VC cubemaps to Nvidia format??

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, is there any usable tool for converting vertical cross cubemaps to nvidia cubemap format?? Hdrshop can convert vertical cross from mirrorball/lightprobe panoramic images, but I actually havn't found any other way as to relocate these 6 pieces with Photoshop... any ideas?

Well, the nvidia .dds plugin treats cubemaps as 6x1 faces horizontally. You could crop the faces from the cross and rotate & paste them into a 6x1 larger texture in photoshop.

A future HDR sdk sample ( with nvsdk 8.5 ) will have code to load cross formats these directly.

Hmm, do you know any good workflow to do this in photoshop? Actually I had to safe 6 different versions with changed 'canvas size' and re-import these 6 pieces to have exact pixelmatch... >>havn't found any way like 'select pixels x512-x1024 & y512-y1024' or automate the transformations... any ideas??

If you can wait a couple of weeks, the nvsdk example will be out by then, afaik.

Otherwise, could you write a script to do this in photoshop? I'm 99% sure you could do this with a script in TextureMaker ( great tool, btw ).

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.