Converting VC cubemaps to Nvidia format??

Started by
2 comments, last by SimmerD 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, is there any usable tool for converting vertical cross cubemaps to nvidia cubemap format?? Hdrshop can convert vertical cross from mirrorball/lightprobe panoramic images, but I actually havn't found any other way as to relocate these 6 pieces with Photoshop... any ideas?
Advertisement
Well, the nvidia .dds plugin treats cubemaps as 6x1 faces horizontally. You could crop the faces from the cross and rotate & paste them into a 6x1 larger texture in photoshop.

A future HDR sdk sample ( with nvsdk 8.5 ) will have code to load cross formats these directly.
Hmm, do you know any good workflow to do this in photoshop? Actually I had to safe 6 different versions with changed 'canvas size' and re-import these 6 pieces to have exact pixelmatch... >>havn't found any way like 'select pixels x512-x1024 & y512-y1024' or automate the transformations... any ideas??
If you can wait a couple of weeks, the nvsdk example will be out by then, afaik.

Otherwise, could you write a script to do this in photoshop? I'm 99% sure you could do this with a script in TextureMaker ( great tool, btw ).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement