Wanted: OpenGL to DirectDraw Consultant

Started by
2 comments, last by kkreeger 19 years, 5 months ago
I do not know if this is the appropriate forum, but I hope some one can point me in the right direction. My company (www.r2tech.com) does medical imaging (not games). We are in need of a very short term "guru" consultant to do a quick port of some code we have that runs on OpenGL. We need to demonstrate it on a very specialized high-res medical monitor at a conference in 3 weeks and the grachics card for this monitor only supports DirectDraw (7.0). If anyone is interested or can point in a direction to look for someome like this (I tried guru.com) please email me at kkreeger@r2tech.com Thanks -Kevin
Advertisement
(1) OpenGL is a 3D API. DirectDraw is only a 2D API. If you are doing any 3D rendering (maybe like 3D representations of the body or something), it won't be able to be ported to DirectDraw. Perhaps you could use a very old version of D3D Intermediate Mode.

If you are only doing 2D imaging, then it's quite possible. There are a lot of people on this forum that still use DirectDraw, so you should be able to find somebody that is tuned up on it.

(2) Couldn't you try to replace the graphics card beforehand?
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Why not just running OpenGL in software mode with MESA? DirectDraw is a 2D-API so you would have to write your own software renderer if you want to do 3D-graphics with it.
We are only doing 2D display, nothing in 3D. I am pretty sure that the only thing we are doing that DirectDraw would not support is some stuff with a stencil buffer (but I think that translucent sprite rendering should be able to handle what we were doing)

We have OpenGL people here and I know enough about DirectX to be dnagerous (although mostly Direct3D 9.0) but with the compressed time to make this work on these new monitors before the show, I figureed getting in a "DirectDraw" guru would help.

We were told that the graphics card made by the monitor manufacturer (http://www.barco.com/medical/en/products/product.asp?element=1342)is the only one that supports 10 bit greyscale for these monitors (http://www.barco.com/medical/en/products/product.asp?element=2405)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement