Minimal Rebuild Failed - Could not find Project database .idb

Started by
6 comments, last by antareus 19 years, 5 months ago
This is driving me nuts!!! Does anyone know how to get rid of this in Visual C++ Express Beta?
Advertisement
HELP!!!
Did you try cleaning and rebuilding. The idb is a database that VS makes so it can, as you would imagine:), quickly rebuild and relink a project.

If you havent' built your project yet or turned it on in the project Under C/C++\Code Generation enable minimal rebuild it won't work.

Oh and shouting for help won't get you very far:)

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
I clear it. Then I build it. I make a change. I try to build it. I get the error. I close VS, delete the IDB file, open VS. The cycle continues.s
um, i hate to even mention this as a solution, BUT since it is technicaly a beta...

you could create a post-build bat file to delete the .idb files once you compile, this wouldnt permit minimal-rebuild but it would let you compile at least...

-Danu
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website
Have you tried turning off minimal rebuild??
What happens then??

Cheers
Chris
CheersChris
I turned it off, but it doesn't help. Building a batch file wouldn't help, as there is some sort of dependency on while VS is open.
Well, you could always try asking on the beta section of MSDN.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement