Sign in to follow this  

Using D3D Common Files

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm wondering what the proper method is for using the D3D common files included with the sdk in your project. Specifically, I find the functions in "d3dutil.h" very useful, however when including that file in my source files I naturally get unresolved external link errors (LNK2019/1120). I've searched the forums and it looks like I have two options: include the apparently deprecated "d3dframe.lib", OR include the source file "d3dutil.cpp" in my project. Unfortunately, "d3dutil.cpp" requires I switch to the unicode character set. This isn't a problem; my code is all unicode compatible - however, it appears direct3d is not (or at least what I'm using is not - things like the adapter identifier's description, device name, etc). At anyrate, I have a feeling I shouldn't have to switch character sets just to use the common files. Am I going about this all wrong or is this the way you have to do things? I seems it would just be easier to copy the functions into my own source code.. oh well hopefully someone will provide the answer :) Thanks!

The common framework dx9 october sdk update contains unicode-friendly enumeration code, etc. as well as a great 3d gui library. I recommend using this.

Quote:
Original post by SimmerD
The common framework dx9 october sdk update contains unicode-friendly enumeration code, etc. as well as a great 3d gui library. I recommend using this.
WOW! They really changed their code! Thanks for updating me ;)

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.