Rectangle surrounding mouse cursor

Started by
4 comments, last by kovacsp 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I have a windowed directx and mfc app, and my problem is that the mouse cursor is surrounded by an almost trasparent, but still disturbing rectangle. It is most visible when the background is dark. I'm not sure yet, but it seems that the rectangle is stronger on ATI cards. Anyone seen this before? What could be the problem? Thanks for your answers in advance, Peter
------------------------------------------------------------Neo, the Matrix should be 16-byte aligned for better performance!
Advertisement
Hi,

what are the properties of window that handles dx ?
Sorry, i posted the last one.
When creating the window class maybe you should use this CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW.
if it's a fullscreen app I have read that directX can have problems with the standard windows mouse cursors. I would recommend simply implementing your own cursor (which has the added bonus of improved customizability). This is relatively simple to implement: Hide the standard cursor and draw your new cursor at mouse position x,y
Thanks for your answers, guys. Now I looked at it, and I have hredraw and vredraw everywhere...

Yes, an own cursor implementation could be better, but we can do everything we need with this, apart from this little problem. I think it wouldn't worth it. But I'm afraid it will be needed.

Any other ideas?

Peter
------------------------------------------------------------Neo, the Matrix should be 16-byte aligned for better performance!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement