3D Shooter Engine !!

Started by
4 comments, last by jimywang 19 years, 5 months ago
Look at this! I have written a 3D RayCasting Engine! For a First Person Shooter game! It is so cool! There is a building and you can walk around and shoot things. It uses real Graphics files! So you can change walls to different textures! I wrote it using Visual Basic! Download the VB Source Code It is very small file. And you can download the .exe file here too! Tell me if you like it! If you add some guns and enemies, give me a copy of your code! It is cool!! Hope you like it!
Advertisement
there is still fishbowl effect in it. the final distance to the wall is still measured from wall to camera.it should be from wall to projection plane.
Very cool. Now all you need to do is add clipping, so we don't walk through the walls.

Also, can someone remove the above anonmymous post? It's just a plug for some project that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
You have a good start here, keep on!
Nice work :)

I'm impressed.
Quote:Original post by Gauvir_Mucca
Also, can someone remove the above anonmymous post? It's just a plug for some project that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

It looks like you are talking about my post.but I did put my name on it, it is not anonmymous!!If that is really the case,then I think you should notice that if you are facing a wall perpendicularly,it appears that the wall is like this

------        -----      ----------                -----------                ------     -----      -----          ------

that is because the final z-value he used for rendering is from the wall to player's view point.it is gonna take too long to explain it here.if you dont understand what I am talking about.there are lots of good article about raycasting on the web you can check out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement