Sign in to follow this  
Edoll

Wings Of Fury (C64 / Amiga) remake released!

Hi all, I've just released version 0.70 (first release) of my remake of the Amiga classic Wings Of Fury. It's a freeware game that needs DX9 to be installed as well as a hardware accelerator (duh). (p3-500 + geforce mx200 is more then sufficient) The retrogamers will hopefully enjoy this remake, i hope people who don't know the original will enjoy it as much too though. The game can be fount at http://www.bytethebullet.tk Enjoy, and comments are allways welcome!

Hey, this is great!

Very fun, nice graphics. Mowing down those folk as they go running from their destroyed buildings is, sadly, my most fun.

I finally beat the first level (cleared the island), then landed on the carrier (that took forever), but nothing happened? I followed the flagman's directions, and ended up exactly where I started, but still nothing? Is theres some key I have to hit or something? I tried the obvious ones like space and enter, but alas, nothing.

If I land during a mission, do I refuel and rearm? That'd be really nice, but I think I have to do something to trigger it (same reason why I can't move on to the next level).

Just one minor beef, when you turn around with your landing gear down, your wheels just magically disappear but only when you're doing the turn. They seem to be intact when you're on the ground though, so I think you have to add an extra "if wheel down" check when picking which turn around sprite to use (while in the air).

So how do I move on to the next level?! This is fun!

Perhaps i should have added that to the manual heh, when you have cleared an entire map (all islands and all enemycarriers) you get a message saying return to the ship for your next mission, then you need to land on the carrier follow the landing officers instructions (to stand on the elevator) and press the drop payload key (standard key [x]), then you will go down the elevator. This will trigger the next map.

Also that is the way how to refuel / repair your plane (and select other weaponry)

I know the landinggear magicly disapears, but since the only way to get that working is to manuallly draw it its simply not going to happen as i'm not an artist :) - perhaps later if some artist would be willing to bump up the gfx (s)he can do that also

Sign in to follow this