Becoming a PSP Developer

Started by
20 comments, last by nitzan 19 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Both Kyle N and Nitzan are completely uninformed and giving out incorrect information on this topic (at least for SCEE).

Care to elaborate? I never suggested it was impossible for a third-party studio to become a registered PSP developer. As another AP stated (was that you too?) a third-party studio with a solid reputation can of course do this. However, a start-up, presently unfunded developer (I believe the OP has said they are actively seeking investment, but do not have it at the moment?) may have trouble gaining recognition from SCEE, and may find themselves more successful if they approach a publisher with a near finished game first.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Both Kyle N and Nitzan are completely uninformed and giving out incorrect information on this topic (at least for SCEE). I would suggest the best route is always to contact your Developer Account Manager first to get the latest info on the processes.

I would like to add that the information I got was on June 2nd, 2004 and concerned SCEA.

Good luck and please keep us posted about your success in developing a title for the PSP.

Releveant snippets from the email I received from SCEA:

Quote:
Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not have a licensed developer program so we are asking potential developers to go to the PSP website (www.psp-pro.com) and register their interest with their local region of SCE (in your case this is SCEA).

In the meantime, if you wish to begin prototyping, we are recommending the following PC arrangement:

P4 3GHz+ running Windows XP
High-end ATi or nVidia graphics card (the ATi is the 9800 Pro, the nVidia is the 5900)

Code this under OpenGL, and pipe the output to a PSP-sized window (480x272)

By the way, to this date, I never received a response after registering.

Nitzan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement