MyRPG 0.9.0 release & RPG RECRUITING!!

Started by
14 comments, last by alex_myrpg 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've recently finished creating my RPG engine in Visual Basic 6. It's closed source at the moment, but completely FREE to use and you'll get plenty of support and upgrades! The engine uses API efficiently and is VERY quick :D. With the DLL and module you can make a really cool RPG game with extremely few lines of code. It's version 0.9.0, but it's thouroughly tested for errors. If you're even remotely interested, please check out http://myrpg.superihost.com/ for more information and the downloads. There's some forums & a feedback section on the site for regular support. I am happy to help anyone willing to try out the engine, fix any bugs and add any small necessary features as quickly as possible! A features list & screenshots are available on the homepage. Please reply here and/or on the site's forums if you're interested. Thanks, Alex [Edited by - alex_myrpg on November 14, 2004 10:42:22 AM]
Advertisement
it says :
Quote:
Run-time error '429':

ActiveX component cannot create object

are there any additional libraries i need to have installed ? i can reinstall vb6 (pending whether i find the disk) if that is what it needs.

the screenshots looked quality, though, for vb6.
- stormrunner
Hi!
glad some one's trying it out.
ok...goto the Start menu then click 'run' and type:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\MyRPG.dll"
i thought you might need that...
plz let me know how it works :)

p.s. the latest version has even slightly better screenshots ;)
thanks, i got it to work (your installer apparently didn't register the .dll)

pros :
-> map layout was nice (although the graphics could stand to be improved)
-> i liked the fact that you couldn't swim the river without the shoes. basic, but still nice to see.
-> the inventory updated itself nicely.
-> the message boxes were well done
-> the character ran when the keys were held down
-> collision detection was pretty accurate (except for infront of the two statues - are you supposed to stop a full tile before ?)

cons :
-> the dragon character was going very fast - is he supposed to be patrolling (slowly) or is that the default behavior ?
-> the game appeared in a very small window, i'd guess maybe 600x400 (i'm running at 1280 x 784 res)
-> (because of the small window) if i accidently click outside it, a pseudo copy appears in the top left corner of the screen, essentially requiring a shutdown and reboot (of your game)

overall it looked pretty good.
cheers.
- stormrunner
thanks for the feedback. glad you liked it :)
about the dragon... that can be fixed easily. i develop on a really slow Win98 that can't handle higher speeds, even though the ticker is based on milliseconds.
in a proper game i would fix the window or make it adjusted full screen. i assumed the standard screen size (800x600) (plz correct me if i'm wrong).
it's only a demo level so obviously you could do so much more in the real thing but it has the basic features.
are you a VB/any language game developer or are you being kind and giving me feedback (which i already appreciate!)?

p.s. did you see the health stat bar (and music)?

[Edited by - alex_myrpg on November 13, 2004 4:38:33 AM]
What the hell does that have to do with this thread?

Anyway, screenshots look really nice :) I haven't had a chance to try it yet, i'll give it a shot later on tonight.
Nothing, "hes" been spamming that ad throught gamedev... well at least its in the top two "your announcement" posts... staying anonamous for a reason...
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
lol...don't know why that thread's there.
anyway, thanks for trying it out. i've just updated the installation - imrpoved one or two things in the demo level and made the DLL automatically register.
i'll be very pleased with feedback, but if you're willing to use the engine after trying the short demo, please let me know :)
ok, screenshots of the updated demo level/engine have been uploaded to the site! please take a look and i would appreciate feedback. also, please let me know if you're interested in using my engine in your RPG game! :)
please...anyone else?
are there no RPG developers around here?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement