MyRPG 0.9.0 release & RPG RECRUITING!!

Started by
14 comments, last by alex_myrpg 19 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by alex_myrpg
please...anyone else?
are there no RPG developers around here?

Well, I'm making my own RPG (if interested see this thread) but I already got my own engine. And it seems that your project is Windows only so I can't really test it. The screenshots look nice though. Are you making a game yourself or just an engine?
A complete game might be a bit more popular.

P.S. Why you've posted two different threads about your engine?
Ad: Ancamnia
Advertisement
I tried it out - very nice, but one thing that bugged me was movement... the way it is isn't the best way of handling input...
Luke - thanks for the feedback. i think you could be right about the character thing. how would you suggest the movement though?
i'm starting a classic RPG game now with my engine (only for windows), but if any of you would like to help, please check out this:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=282333
i'll be posting there mainly now about my game, so any RPG developers please go there!!!
would anybody be more interested if i listed specific tasks & features?
ok, just so more people can see my recruiting offer:
Quote:great, thanks :) i think i'll be starting a game using the engine and if you're willing to help me i'd much appreciate it.
ok, these are only a few very simple things i'd like my game to be:
1. Classic, tile-based RPG with enemies, helpers, battles (sorry, i don't really know any RPG terms)
2. Fantasy/Medeivel setting
3. Stats: Health, Hit Points, Mana, Skill, Agility, Level, etc...
4. System of buying/selling with gold, silver, bronze coins
all this can be done easily with MyRPG engine, which we will be using for the game.
i have forums set up that i can devote to the game.
the game will be developed in VB6 (please don't stop reading here!), unless you want to make a game using my rpg engine, but then i cannot help because i only know VB6, not C++ or C.
even if you don't program VB, there's still plenty of jobs to do:
1. Programmers (VB6)
2. Graphics (at least someone to look around and find some nice free ones ;)
3. Music (same condition as Graphics)
4. Storyline
5. anything that i forgot...

please send me a private message if you would like to join (with your email) and post in the forums on my site.
thanks,

Alex
ok, i'm permantly moving the discussion of this topic to the other forum.

Alex

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement