Sign in to follow this  

Wizard in October update

This topic is 4778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have installed DirectX SDK(October update), but I can't find that handy wizard that helped you to create a simple application. Where could I found it, is there somewhere to download it?

The wizard is gone, however the Sample Browser application has an entry that you can select that will set up a workspace for a basic application using the new framework (with GUI).

I think there was some lame explanation in the update docs, but I don't remember what it was. I guess too many people were getting used to doing it the other way :)

If you think about it, it actually simplifies things. Now, the "wizard" functions correctly, regardless of your IDE. Before, there were different wizards for VC6, .NET 2002, and .NET 2003. And there wasn't even a wizard for Dev-C++ (or other IDEs like that). Now, everyone can use it easily.

Quote:
Original post by circlesoft
If you think about it, it actually simplifies things. Now, the "wizard" functions correctly, regardless of your IDE. Before, there were different wizards for VC6, .NET 2002, and .NET 2003. And there wasn't even a wizard for Dev-C++ (or other IDEs like that). Now, everyone can use it easily.

Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Quote:
Original post by Bratte
Thanks
So I just click on "Install Project"? Is this a good thing? I thought the old wizard was fine, why complicate things.

IMO, it makes things simpler.
You choose the sample which most closely matches your apps requirements.

At the simplest level choose the "EmptyProject" sample.

HTH,
Cambo_frog

This topic is 4778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.