Sign in to follow this  
hoogie

V Strange Link error

Hi people, Basically I have been coding a lot recently in my newly installed Visual Studio .NET but I have only been coding with either OpenGL or DirectX. Today I tried to compile my first standard program and got the following error : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function _WinMainCRTStartup I searched and msdn says the error is intentional and that I should simply add wWinMainCRTStartup to my project settings. Having added this however I simply get the following error error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _wWinMain@16 referenced in function _wWinMainCRTStartup I have been searching the net but can find no solutions so any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

It means you created a Windows-based application rather than a console application. If you wanted a console application, just create a new application project, make sure it's Win32 Console, and copy all your code to that project.

If your project is a console project, and uses "main" for the main entry point, it needs to be a Win32 Console Application project. Currently, your project is set to Win32 Application project, which should have a WinMain function as entry point, rather than main.