FreeGLUT or OpenGLUT?

Started by
0 comments, last by Fruny 19 years, 5 months ago
I downloaded both devpacks from dev5's upgrader thing. What one should I use? What one is closer to just regular GLUT? Also In the new project thing it has the option for bot including OpenGL, since I want to use both how do I get It to create a project that will do all the necessary prep for both? (I also want to use SDL and OpenGL together).
Advertisement
Quote:I downloaded both devpacks from dev5's upgrader thing. What one should I use? What one is closer to just regular GLUT?

I know that FreeGLUT, at least, does implement (almost?) everything GLUT does. I don't know about OpenGLUT, but I suspect it would too.

Odds are that, unless you've been using things that lie in the darker corners of the GLUT API (e.g. overlays), you'll do OK with either of them.

If you've not ever used GLUT before, the question is probably moot.

Quote:Also In the new project thing it has the option for bot including OpenGL, since I want to use both how do I get It to create a project that will do all the necessary prep for both? (I also want to use SDL and OpenGL together).

You should probably ask that from the Bloodshed folks. There are links to their forum, mailing lists, IRC channel and FAQ on their home page.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement