[.net] Recommend a good C# / .NET beginner book

Started by
5 comments, last by TomX 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I am interested in learning C# as I feel it is the language of the future so I'm wondering which book anyone thinks I should buy to help me understand the basic syntax of C#. I also need something which explains the fundamentals to the .NET framework. Thanks in Advance TomX
Advertisement
The best one I know is Professional C# from Wrox

Cheers
Microsoft Visual C# step-by-step by John Sharp
Microsoft Press
Application Development Using C# and .NET by Michael Stiefel and Robert J. Oberg is a good one.
Are you new to programming in general, or just C#? I have the book Programming C#, by Jesse Liberty and it is a great resource for someone already familiar with coding. It covers almost everything you will ever need to know about c#, including multithreading, ASP.NET, Windows forms, ADO.NET, etc. It even has tips for veteran programmers of different languages when things are similar or different from the other languages.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Expects you to be something of a programmer, but I hear great things about Mono: A Developer's Notebook
Thanks for all the advice :)

Having read Sr_Guapo's reply I decided to order the Programming C# because I already know a little Java.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement