Sign in to follow this  
bartiss

Just changed from DX8 to DX9. HELP!!

I have just installed DirectX 9.0c SDK, copied header and library files to Visual Studio (6.0) folder. Then I started changing all the 8 to 9, and finally when I got rid of all the errors, next 94 errors popped up: Linking... d3dx9dt.lib(cpsprogram.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie .. .. d3dx9dt.lib(cpsprogram.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 I never knew how to handle linker errors. Any ideas? Thanks By the way. In the samples folder I found files with "vcproj" extension. Do I need a later version of Visual Studio?

Guest Anonymous Poster
if you have 9.0c then you probably need visuall c++ 2003, or you can find (look back in this forum), ways to make it work in '6. I think there is a file in the sdk "extras" file, which you have to use instead.
If you have high speed internet though why not go all the way and download visual c++ 2005 beta, it's really good, you wil;l need the platform sdk as well. It's a lot of downloading but it's very good.