• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Just changed from DX8 to DX9. HELP!!

This topic is 4852 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have just installed DirectX 9.0c SDK, copied header and library files to Visual Studio (6.0) folder. Then I started changing all the 8 to 9, and finally when I got rid of all the errors, next 94 errors popped up: Linking... d3dx9dt.lib(cpsprogram.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie .. .. d3dx9dt.lib(cpsprogram.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol @__security_check_cookie@4 I never knew how to handle linker errors. Any ideas? Thanks By the way. In the samples folder I found files with "vcproj" extension. Do I need a later version of Visual Studio?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
if you have 9.0c then you probably need visuall c++ 2003, or you can find (look back in this forum), ways to make it work in '6. I think there is a file in the sdk "extras" file, which you have to use instead.
If you have high speed internet though why not go all the way and download visual c++ 2005 beta, it's really good, you wil;l need the platform sdk as well. It's a lot of downloading but it's very good.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement