Sign in to follow this  
sevak

[.net] Help a beginner with 3 questions

I have three questions that I would like help with. 1)How can I change the default command prompt path to something else. For example if I do CD C:\windows\doc....... The next time I use the command prompt the default will return so I have to use the CD command again which is really annoying. 2)Does anyone know of any good C# IDE that I can use? Something like Dev-C++ but with C# language instead. 3)Can anyone give me a link to a free ebook or a tutorial on C#. I want something that doesn't except you to know a prior programming language. Something very basic please. I know everyone is going to say google it but I did google for a free tutorial/ebook but everything is either to complicated because it requires prior programming language knowledge or just realy sucks because it doesn't explain everything in detail. Thanks.

Quote:
2)Does anyone know of any good C# IDE that I can use? Something like Dev-C++ but with C# language instead.

If your budget is stuck at a solid $0, then I recommend (highly, too!) Borland's C#Builder Personal. It lets you develop whatever you want with tons of features, as long as it's non-commercial. Poke around on http://www.borland.com for that. I hear SharpDevelop is getting popular too, but I can't speak for that one.

Quote:
3)Can anyone give me a link to a free ebook or a tutorial on C#. I want something that doesn't except you to know a prior programming language. Something very basic please. I know everyone is going to say google it but I did google for a free tutorial/ebook but everything is either to complicated because it requires prior programming language knowledge or just realy sucks because it doesn't explain everything in detail.

*fights urge to say Google* :)

If you're serious about learning C#, then you might need to invest in a book if the resources on the internet aren't enough for you. Personally, I found the tutorials returned by "C# tutorials" into Google to be sufficient for me to catch on to the basics, and I self-taught myself the more intricate stuff as I went along by examining others' sourcecode and toying around with my own example projects. If you've never programmed before, then I guess the tutorials would seem over your head. I suggest starting with a simpler language, if that's the case.

Good luck!