FreeType

Started by
34 comments, last by Qw3r7yU10p! 19 years, 4 months ago
Has anyone here had any experiance with FreeType 2? I keep recieving "[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_FT_Init_FreeType' referenced from E:\MYDOCS\CHRIS\PROGRAMING\DIRECTX\MERC ENGINE\UNIT1.OBJ" everytime I attempt to use FT_Init_FreeType(). I've checked the doccumentation, but it appears I'm doing everything right... I've included the Include dir, and added the right #includes... Any help would be great! Cheers Sigma
Advertisement
You need to link with the library as well.

Simply add the file freetypeproject.lib to your project.

It is usually located in the FreeType source tree under builds/Win32/visualc
I did...
Any thing else I could try?

CHeers

Sigma
There are lots of different versions of the library for debug/release, multithreaded/single threaded, linking dll/static libraries etc. Make sure you have the right one.
OK, well I definatly DID have the wrong version, and my current version seems right. But I can't find the .lib files. So I can't include them..Does anyone know wehre I can find these?

Cheers

Sigma
for me they are in

\freetype2\objs

you can find them by doing a search:

Window-Key and F
freetype*.lib
OK, I tried a different version, the one with the exe setup. I now have the libs as well as the BCB lib(I'm using BCB6)

But I still have the issue.
I've included
//FreeType stuff#include <ft2build.h>#include FT_FREETYPE_H

Added
FreeType/lib/libfreetype-bcc.lib to my project

Added
FreeType/include to my include directories

Tried adding FreeType/lib to my lib directories, but that didn't have any effect

What am I missing?

Cheers

Sigma

[Edited by - _Sigma on November 14, 2004 2:30:31 PM]
Common! Must I beg? ;)

I tried adding other headers, but that didn't work. I also tried a full rebuild, but alas, that wasn't the cause...
This is clearly a linker issue, not so much a freetype one. Perhaps you should change the subject?

btw, BCB? Borland somethingorother?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement