• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
coderx04

OpenGL How to Display an JPEG format?

This topic is 4967 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys , how to display JPEG file format, instead of bmp?.. And what is all of the attributes that opengl have for loading a sprite?... Please tell me where can i find information about this.. And please give me source code for display a sprite with jpeg format. thanks

Advertisement
The one from game toturials, cant be compile in visual C++ 6

Dont know why, but the libjpeg.h seems to contain some error?

As I proposed earlier in your other thread, use a high level library like DevIL. There are also tutorials on this site on how to use it with OpenGL.

OK, I'll bite. Why can't you download the DevIL library? It's really not that difficult to do and it's quite easily your best solution here. With it, you can load and set a JPG as a texture or whatnot in two to four lines of code. And you need only a couple more lines for init stuff.

-Auron

mm, dont know why I cant download it from my home.
But I managed to download from my campus now.
I will try to figure things out..

Say, what is I have to do in my intialize?
Thankss..

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!