shooting down bsp trees

Started by
35 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 5 months ago
i learned bsp trees like one and a half years ago, and i can use my own 3d studio max geometry in them, and i feel smart, but ive been thinking, with all the time you spend making a level, couldnt one just place like indicator vertexes in each room that you can see from the room your currently designing? next time im done with a level, i think ill cut each room into a seperate mesh, find the bounding boxes for each of them(either aabb or obb) and use an manualy placed indicator PVS and get a pvs that way, for rooms and not individual polygons. and beyond that, id place sensor vertices on furnature corners in the rooms to see if they can reach the player position for visibility indication as well, cause bsps are alot of digital crap! and i hate them. (oh and its going to be 3 weeks before i get back to makign levels, im working on a cookie cutter character generator right now) am i being a buttface? to me bsp trees seem like a gigantic peice of god awful complexity that some nerd addicted to asprin came up with. if this doesnt sound way to stupid, i wanted to bring it up. after i get done with my character generator in liek 3 more weeks, imna invent, um, MPVtrees (manualy placed visibility trees, yeah thats it)
"am i supposed to be able to do sh_t with this?" oink snort
Advertisement
"am i being a buttface?"
Your rating should help you to find the right answer by yourself, i guess..
not realy , i like being a buttface,
im the only kid in class that can make or talk about making video games,
and geeks talk abotu a lot of crap they dont know of,
so here you go
a buttface
dude im totaly a buttfaced nerd,

geeks dont treat me well and i know alot more them them,

i dont like you
i hate oit when geeks get all stuck on my words and get their panties in a bunch about launguage,
if your not gonna try and understand what im saying,
can you just butt out?
So, wtf, u like being a buttface, and u succeed very well in this role... everything looks good to me, you should take my words as compliments, and thank me for telling you what you wanted to hear..
Cheers, buttface !
you dont seem know crap,

can you answer my question dumbasskis?
can you just answer my question or not take up cyberspace trying to make yourself look smart?

i can already tell you that geeks like to pcik on me where they can,
and i dont think ridiculing me if very smart anymore
im like an easy target for geeks who dont know anything

its so maddening
thats it imna just go anonomous all the time now so i can do without your worthless two cents voting on me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement