Sign in to follow this  
Deebo

OpenGL OpenGL driver issue

I have been working on an engine. In my engine's log, I always print the OpenGL driver, version, and supported extentions. I just checked the log after a test today, and found that my computer was suddenly using the Microsoft Generic GDI driver instead of the normal GeForce driver. I have a GeForce FX 5500, BTW. There are only 3 extenntions listed for it as well! I have restarted, recompiled, reinstalled drivers, etc. Even my bought games are reporting the same thing. A few of them will not even start now! I have googled and found that many people are experiencing the same thing. I have not found a cause, or solution for this problem though. I have been trying to solve this own, but I am honestly clueless on this one. This "error" just popped out of nowhere!!! Other than updating DirectX drivers, I have not installed ANYTHING! The "normal" OpenGL drivers were working fine one moment, then the next they wree not!!!!!!!! Any help or advice will be appreciated.

try first using the the default generaic 640x480x16 drivers (not the vnidia ones) reboot the computer, and then install the nvidia ones (not by running the nvidia setup.exe, but manually)

I switched the primary monitor, and tried to start Warhammer 40k and it worked fine. I tried my OpenGL app with both monitors set to primary, but I still get the same problem. Why is one monitor working and the other one is not! They are both connected to the same card! I have been googling for an answer to this. I have uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled them fresh but still got the same problem.

Warhammer works because I can explicitly tell it what device to use. It has a list that says: Default, Device 0: NVIDIA Dualview, and Device 1: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. I chose Device 1 and it worked. I guess that Default is set to Device 0.

Anyone have any clue as to why the two devices are using seperate drivers even though they are on the same card?

oh so youve got two monitors, thats something else (as i dont have two monitors ive never done it) but from what i read before u have to much araound a bit to get it up and running,
read the pdf's from nvidia (perhaps they explain what to do), also search the forums at www.opengl.org