Cell phone game music

Started by
2 comments, last by PurpleAmethyst 19 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I really would like to make music for a cell phone game some day, but, I don't know where to start. Do I need some special tool to make a certain media file that will work on cell phones? Or does the programmer take care of this? I'm currently using a program called "Anvil Studio" to produce MIDI files. Thanks in advance for the help.
Advertisement
The phones I work on simply support MIDI directly, no conversion needed. These include LG VX6000, VX4400, VX5600, VX7000, CDM 8900, 8600, Motorola V710, and a bunch more BREW 1.x and 2.x phones as well as Series40 and Series60 J2ME-based phones.

-Evan
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
Yeah, the formats supported are different for every phone. But MIDI is the most widely supported format IMO, and most of the phones that don't support MIDI have tools in their SDKs to convert from MIDI.

shmoove
One quick note, most General MIDI file so not directly work on phones, they have to be saved in SP-MIDI format. Nokia Audio Suite has VST plugins that will do this, and there are probably several other programs to do it too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement