Sign in to follow this  
legi0n

UK Placements

Hi, I'm a student studying second year Computer Games Programming in the UK. My third year is a work placement year but I am unsure which companys would take a degree student full time for a year and let them actually program and get involved with actual development work. (As opposed to a less relavent position such as technical phone support). Does anybody know of UK companys within the games industry that are taking on students? Or how I could go about finding out? Thanks Mark

You could search google:
www.google.co.uk
They'll probally have something for you. I tried searching myself, but can't usually find anyhting because it's such a hard thing to explain!

Hi mark,

Congratulations on your first post! :)

This is an area that interests me also so if anyone has ideas in this area it would really be very much appreciated,

Cheers,
Add

Rare & EA (through the studio university program) & Codemasters definitely do placements. But the best way to find out is to contact the company & ask.

www.interactivetayside.com will give you a list of companies in the Scottish Tayside area under the 'businesses' and 'find a business' buttons.

Thats superb, thanks very much for your posts so far rating++, very helpful...

Does anyone else know of anywhere that might offer or have offered placements in the past? Placements don't have to stick to the UK, as i'm more than willing to travel for a placement. (providing the necessery language skills are attainable within time permitted, ie. before sepetember)

All resopnces greatfully received,

Many thanks in advance,
Add

[Edited by - Add on November 16, 2004 4:30:13 AM]