Sign in to follow this  

Games testing

This topic is 4778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am into programming but I don’t think its something I want to do professionally mainly because I don’t have a degree but anyhow I want to become a tester (QA) but I don’t seem to know where to start and everywhere I look it always says experience required I live in London UK so if anyone can help me like give me some guidance on what I could do.

It's quite hard to get into games testing. Start out with BETA for any kind of game you can find, work hard, and keep a list of every game you've tested.
When you want to go through with it as a career, and your applying for a job, you'll have a long list of games that you've tested...
Good luck, I'm also looking into that career, but might create games instead LOL!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Note that games testing is the lowest paid position in a games company. The main advantage of doing this (as opposed to trying to be the night crew chief at a fast food restaurant - which pays better, incidentally) is that it gets your foot in the door. Once in, you might be able to get a programming or design job.

This topic is 4778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.