Sign in to follow this  

3d model loading

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, i am a newbie to lwjgl and im wondering how i can export a model from milkshake or 3ds max as i have both.i need to create a text file containing the vertices of the triangles so that i can load in the 3d model by using something similar to lesson 10 of nehe where he creates a 3d world using triangles. thanx in advance to all who reply ps is this the best way to load in models. what i'm doing is creating a space invaders game in 3d and i need to have several rows of the same 3d model, can anyone wiht experience of such things plz comment as to what is the best way to do this Danny :)

Since you're doing this in openGL, i think display lists would be good to load multiple instances of the same object.

That said, i think you should load directly from the milkshape or gmax file instead of going thru a text file wich you really don't need. there's a couple of resources on the web with info on those file formats, i'm sure someone can give you a link, or you could google it :)

This topic is 4779 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.