Sign in to follow this  

Linking problems w/ library (Zerolink, Xcode, Mac, Linux)

This topic is 4777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm writing a game for a programming class and am stuck in an early stage of development which is becoming quite frustrating. I'm doing my primary development in Xcode on mac os 10.3.6. As far as I can tell, the problem lies in the linking of my files. For the sake of simplification, I have two files, main.cpp and glm.h/.c. The glm library provides loading of wavefront .obj files into OpenGL models and was written by Nate Robins in 1997. It's readily available online. I have two options in Xcode, compile w/ or w/o ZeroLink turned on. When it is turned off xcode's compiler reports the error >ld: Undefined symbols: >glmReadOBJ(char*) >glmDraw(_GLMmodel*, unsigned long) >glmDelete(_GLMmodel*) However, with zerolink turned on, it compiles fine, but upon running, it reports the following error: >[Session started at 2004-11-14 15:19:01 -0800.] >ZeroLink: unknown symbol '__Z10glmReadOBJPc' >Executable “UnderDogs” has exited due to signal 6 (SIGABRT). so - it seems that glm.h is not being included. Here is the top of my main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #ifdef _WIN32 # include <windows.h> #else # include <sys/time.h> #endif #ifdef __APPLE__ // GL libraries stored in non-std place #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> #include <OpenGL/gl.h> #include <GLUT/glut.h> #else #include <GL/gl.h> #include <GL/glut.h> #endif #include "glm.h" #include "Game.h" ... And yet, for whatever reason, the glm.h library is not loaded into the symbol table. compiling in linux reports that the glm___ functions are not visible, and aborts compilation for that reason. I really appreciate any help, I need to get going on the actual implementation of the game! Thanks, Pat

This topic is 4777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.