• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Linking problems w/ library (Zerolink, Xcode, Mac, Linux)

This topic is 4849 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm writing a game for a programming class and am stuck in an early stage of development which is becoming quite frustrating. I'm doing my primary development in Xcode on mac os 10.3.6. As far as I can tell, the problem lies in the linking of my files. For the sake of simplification, I have two files, main.cpp and glm.h/.c. The glm library provides loading of wavefront .obj files into OpenGL models and was written by Nate Robins in 1997. It's readily available online. I have two options in Xcode, compile w/ or w/o ZeroLink turned on. When it is turned off xcode's compiler reports the error >ld: Undefined symbols: >glmReadOBJ(char*) >glmDraw(_GLMmodel*, unsigned long) >glmDelete(_GLMmodel*) However, with zerolink turned on, it compiles fine, but upon running, it reports the following error: >[Session started at 2004-11-14 15:19:01 -0800.] >ZeroLink: unknown symbol '__Z10glmReadOBJPc' >Executable “UnderDogs” has exited due to signal 6 (SIGABRT). so - it seems that glm.h is not being included. Here is the top of my main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #ifdef _WIN32 # include <windows.h> #else # include <sys/time.h> #endif #ifdef __APPLE__ // GL libraries stored in non-std place #include <Carbon/Carbon.h> #include <OpenGL/gl.h> #include <GLUT/glut.h> #else #include <GL/gl.h> #include <GL/glut.h> #endif #include "glm.h" #include "Game.h" ... And yet, for whatever reason, the glm.h library is not loaded into the symbol table. compiling in linux reports that the glm___ functions are not visible, and aborts compilation for that reason. I really appreciate any help, I need to get going on the actual implementation of the game! Thanks, Pat

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement