Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Drawing a sphere in Directx

This topic is 4812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does ay one have a snippit that shows how to draw a sphere in Managed DirectX. I have been following Toms Book and Other links on the net but have as of yest not found out how to Draw a sphere and position it on a 3d Device. For the Example I need it in ether c# or VB.net, dosn't matter which one. Trying to position a sphere like DrawSpere(int xPos, int yPos, int zPos, int color) I will be loading the values from a XML File or Database Query Thanks in advance.

You'll need more information than that to draw a sphere; at a minimum you need the radius of the sphere and its center.

It involves painful (at least to my meager mind :P) math, and is pretty unnecessary wih Managed DirectX. Have you tried the Mesh.Sphere() method? Quite the timesaver. :)

If you have been following Tom's book, he should have alot about using the premade mesh objects (like spheres, boxes, cylinders, and even teapots!).

Thanks found it in chapter 5 but under Using Materials and lighting, Will do some more reading...

Sign in to follow this