Sign in to follow this  
Horatius83

[java] Problems with appletviewer (Newbie Question)

For some reason I can compile normal java programs just fine (with the exception of having them in the same directory as java.exe) but whenever I try to run an applet with appletviewer I get this error: Exception in thread "main" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle sun.applet.resources.MsgAppletViewer, key appletpanel.badattribute.exception at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:314) at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:274) at sun.applet.AppletMessageHandler.getMessage(AppletMessageHandler.java: 39) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.showAppletStatus(AppletPanel.java:755) at sun.applet.AppletPanel.init(AppletPanel.java:190) at sun.applet.AppletViewer.<init>(AppletViewer.java:177) at sun.applet.StdAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(AppletViewer.jav a:82) at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:1122) at sun.applet.AppletViewer.parse(AppletViewer.java:1056) at sun.applet.Main.run(Main.java:138) at sun.applet.Main.main(Main.java:80) I changed my CLASSPATH variable (per Sun's instructions) and reinstalled the java SDK twice, but still nothing. I tried compiling it using the command window and the IDE and still can't get it to run. Also I tried running the applet through HTML code (part of the Sun tutorial) and it says it cannot find HelloWorld.class, (which is BS since it's IN the directory.) Any ideas?

in your applet, if it says "HelloWorld.class", try replacing it with "HelloWorld". And, uh, no insult intended, but do you know what linux is? If your using windows, linux doesn't have to do with anything