LNK2001 _aulldvrm

Started by
3 comments, last by TomTomson 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi everybody, i´m new here. i use vc++ 6 and everything (3d graphics, dinput, dsound) works fine... but now i want to load a mesh with 3D3XLoadMeshFromFileX (or something like this) then i get the linking error 2001 unresolved symbol in d3dx.lib(fastftoa.ojc) _aulldvrm i have read something about compiler problems but because everything else works ... thx for your help
Advertisement
Check that everything you need is linked in your compiler options.

Easiest brute force method of doing this is opening up an complex example included with Direct X, going to it's link tab and copying across all the d*.lib stuff across to your own project dialog.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
The latest version of DirectX SDK (October release) can't be compiled under VC6, and needs VS.NET 2003. It's why you see these errors.

However, you can download the DirectX SDK Extras that contains the lib compatible with VC6.

Hope this helps.

Sylvain
The AP is correct. Here are some step-by-step instructions on getting it to compile.

Please note that VC6 will *not* be supported at all in future releases of the SDK - even through the extras package. This means you need one VS7 versions, or VS 2005 (the Express beta is free).
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
with the new lib it works

thx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement