simple DevCpp question

Started by
3 comments, last by Eddycharly 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi, i moved from vc to devcpp, and have a little problem to port one of my old projects. The problem is that this project uses a dll with a shared section in it. Under vc, it was as simple as adding a few pragmas to get the shared section working, like this : // variables shared across all instances of the dll #pragma data_seg("SHARED") #pragma comment (linker, "/SECTION:SHARED,RWS") HHOOK HookHandle = 0; int DllLoadCount = 0; char ExecutionPath[257] = ""; #pragma data_seg() Now, these pragmas don't seem to work with devcpp. The devcpp documentation i have is pretty poor. I also tried google, but it looks like i got a lot unrelated answers.. Would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction. Cheers, thanks.
Advertisement
The compiler is the gnu compiler. You'll probably have joy searching there.
Dev-Cpp's documentation isn't so good because it's just an IDE, it uses the MinGW compiler, [google], I don't know much about DLLs, but couldn't you just use extern?
i really don't like the gcc docs, quite hard to read.
also the word "shared" seems to apear everywhere in the options, that doesn't help to find a relevant answer..
thanks, i'm going to investigate in the mingw and gnu compilers docs.
i don't think i can use extern here, extern is to share data at compile time between compilation units. what i want is to have a data section shared by all the instances of the loaded dll at run time.

thanks a lot.
Ok, i finally found it.
If anyone is interested, here is the devcpp version :

HHOOK __attribute__((section ("SHARED"), shared)) HookHandle = 0;
int __attribute__((section ("SHARED"), shared)) DllLoadCount = 0;
char __attribute__((section ("SHARED"), shared)) ExecutionPath[257] = "";

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement