Sign in to follow this  

IP address

This topic is 4778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just to expand on doynax's answer, you'd need to open a socket to www.whatismyip.com on port 80, and send:

GET / HTTP/1.0
Host: www.whatismyip.com
Connection: Close

Where each line ends with a "\r\n" pair, and the whole thing ends with a blank line (so the last 4 chars are "\r\n\r\n")
Then read the input until you get "<TITLE>Your ip is ", and then read the next part for the IP.
You could also use a library to make this stuff easier, I believe hplusplus has a very small bit of code to do this. Have a look in the Multiplayer and Network Programming forum.

Quote:
Original post by H0bbes
I like to know if i can get IP address from Machine that is connected with Proxy?
Obviously confusingly worded.

Answer: no. Not unless they tell you. Some proxies will send headers that look like

X-Proxy-For: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

or something, but these are rare. really rare. nonexistant rare.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Wouldn't this give the IP address of the proxy server?

Yes, I thought that was what you wanted.
So do you want to know the internal address of a machine behind a proxy from the outside? Or perhaps something else entirely..

This topic is 4778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.