Sign in to follow this  

D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND undeclared identifier?

This topic is 4780 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello gamedev! I would like to ask why it causes error each time I put D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND in my begin parameters. This is the error: C:\projects\sprite2\main.cpp(83) : error C2065: 'D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND' : undeclared identifier

No, no, no. I think, it has nothing to do with your version of dx9. The error has to be elsewhere but actually I don't know where [smile].

[qoute]
No, no, no. I think, it has nothing to do with your version of dx9. The error has to be elsewhere but actually I don't know where .
[/qoute]

the weird thing is even the downloaded codes in codesampler.com has the same errors when I compiled it.

this are the errors I got in the code I got in codesampler.com which has the same error in every sourcecodes I got in codesampler :(

--------------------Configuration: dx9_d3dxsprite - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
dx9_d3dxsprite.cpp
c:\downloads\game\dx9_d3dxsprite\dx9_d3dxsprite\dx9_d3dxsprite.cpp(361) : error C2065: 'D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND' : undeclared identifier
c:\downloads\game\dx9_d3dxsprite\dx9_d3dxsprite\dx9_d3dxsprite.cpp(367) : error C2660: 'Draw' : function does not take 5 parameters
Error executing cl.exe.

dx9_d3dxsprite.obj - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I'm sure the function call is right but, I don't know what caused this errors :(

I took a look at the source code and it seems to be OK. Maybe it really has to do with version of dx9. I would like to find it out but I just now reinstalled OS, so I can't.
  I think you should try to find D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND in d3d9.h or d3dx9.h. If it is really something with version of dx9, it will not be there.

Btw., double post? [smile]

Quote:
Original post by RiBi
I took a look at the source code and it seems to be OK. Maybe it really has to do with version of dx9. I would like to find it out but I just now reinstalled OS, so I can't.
I think you should try to find D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND in d3d9.h or d3dx9.h. If it is really something with version of dx9, it will not be there.

Btw., double post? [smile]

Nice try, but there's REALLY no need. The ID3DXSprite interface was updated with those features since 9.0b.

This topic is 4780 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.