Business License. Do I need one?

Started by
2 comments, last by Grellin 19 years, 5 months ago
I have recently started looking at the other side of development. Sales. Is it possible or even smart to attempt selling my software prior to getting some form of business license? Is there a prefered licence for indie game developers? And lastly, are there any suggestions for reliable publishing companies? I have looked at Share*It but would like to shop around. Any help is appreciated.
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Advertisement
www.garagegames.com
I'm with them on their forums, and they seem to be a good site, check them out...
The law regarding business licenses varies by not only state but also local government. I may need a license to run a business in one city, or another might not require anything more than for you to cover your business income on your taxes. You will need to research this. Find a Small Business Administration chapter near you. It is advised that you consult a lawyer.

-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into both.
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement