Eye-opening stuff in Fallujah

Started by
264 comments, last by trzy 19 years, 4 months ago
Crimes in Iraq; Pray for Fallujah
Quote:“Listen, listen, the warplanes,” Abu Mohammed cried. I could hear the planes over the phone. “They are over us, over the house, almost 10 meters away.” Tonight is the last night of Ramadan, and tomorrow is the first day of the Islamic feast `Eid Al-Fitr. Abu Mohammed is currently in Al-Amiriyah neighborhood in Baghdad, with his family, and 4 other families who fled Fallujah a few months ago. “We are 45 people in one house,” his daughter Inas said. She complained about the difficulty of living with so many people in a very small house. But her aunt Umm Waddah is grateful that she could find a place to stay in. “At least we are better off than the Fallujans currently living in tents, or on Baghdad’s streets with no place at all to shelter them.” Those in Baghdad might be better off than Fallujans still locked inside their hometown, which is currently being razed to the ground by the US Army. Everything is being wiped out. “The residential areas, our houses, they are all destroyed. They bombed the hospital, the clinics, the doctors, the infrastructure, everything,” Abu Mohammed said. Even the animals, the trees—the snipers spread all over Fallujah shoot at any motion they spot. “They shoot at the animals moving in the streets, the trees waving their leaves in the wind,” describes Umm Omar, who managed to leave Fallujah yesterday. Her nephew was killed a week ago, but his body still lies on the street. “They haven’t even let us pull his body to the house.” She couldn’t help crying. Death is overwhelming. An old man they originally didn’t know died in her house. They found him bleeding at the door. Taking him inside didn’t help a lot. Phones don’t work; and if they worked, there are no more doctors in Fallujah anyway, as they were all expelled by US and Iraqi forces and weren’t let back in. So the strange old man bled for three days until he died inside the house. ... “Our neighbor’s house was raided; they killed her and two other women, two men, and two children—eight people—in the name of Al-Zarqawi.” One of the women was in her seventh month of pregnancy. Her fetus got out of her body and stayed alive for 6 hours then died, according to the neighbors and relatives who retrieved the bodies from under the rubble. They were normally asleep at 3:30 a.m. when the rocket fell on their house, flattened it, and killed them all—the mother Hazima Mohsen, her two sons, two daughters, her daughter in law, and three grandsons.
Pretty powerful stuff. You've got to admit, some of the people fighting against the US in Fallujah aren't "terrorists."
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Advertisement
Propaganda
Quote:Original post by nick316
Propaganda
Are you saying my information is false?
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
Quote:Original post by Tron3k
Crimes in Iraq; Pray for Fallujah

Quote:“Listen, listen, the warplanes,” Abu Mohammed cried. I could hear the planes over the phone. “They are over us, over the house, almost 10 meters away.” Tonight is the last night of Ramadan, and tomorrow is the first day of the Islamic feast `Eid Al-Fitr. Abu Mohammed is currently in Al-Amiriyah neighborhood in Baghdad, with his family, and 4 other families who fled Fallujah a few months ago.

“We are 45 people in one house,” his daughter Inas said. She complained about the difficulty of living with so many people in a very small house. But her aunt Umm Waddah is grateful that she could find a place to stay in. “At least we are better off than the Fallujans currently living in tents, or on Baghdad’s streets with no place at all to shelter them.”

Those in Baghdad might be better off than Fallujans still locked inside their hometown, which is currently being razed to the ground by the US Army. Everything is being wiped out. “The residential areas, our houses, they are all destroyed. They bombed the hospital, the clinics, the doctors, the infrastructure, everything,” Abu Mohammed said.

Even the animals, the trees—the snipers spread all over Fallujah shoot at any motion they spot. “They shoot at the animals moving in the streets, the trees waving their leaves in the wind,” describes Umm Omar, who managed to leave Fallujah yesterday.

Her nephew was killed a week ago, but his body still lies on the street. “They haven’t even let us pull his body to the house.” She couldn’t help crying. Death is overwhelming. An old man they originally didn’t know died in her house. They found him bleeding at the door. Taking him inside didn’t help a lot. Phones don’t work; and if they worked, there are no more doctors in Fallujah anyway, as they were all expelled by US and Iraqi forces and weren’t let back in. So the strange old man bled for three days until he died inside the house.

“Our neighbor’s house was raided; they killed her and two other women, two men, and two children—eight people—in the name of Al-Zarqawi.” One of the women was in her seventh month of pregnancy. Her fetus got out of her body and stayed alive for 6 hours then died, according to the neighbors and relatives who retrieved the bodies from under the rubble.

They were normally asleep at 3:30 a.m. when the rocket fell on their house, flattened it, and killed them all—the mother Hazima Mohsen, her two sons, two daughters, her daughter in law, and three grandsons.

Pretty powerful stuff. You've got to admit, some of the people fighting against the US in Fallujah aren't "terrorists."

What's so "powerful" about this? What's your point? It's a war, people die, why are you surprised by this?
What war? Sounds like the US is rolling in and killing a town full of civilians. Though I don't think it's as bad as Tron3K's post implies ...

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Are you saying it's true?

Are you saying it's true?

Don't say it isn't unless a) you can back it up with more than your pretty smile, or b) want a bunch of ignorance floating around the thread, begging a flame war and a ban for you.

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Quote:Original post by Famine
What's so "powerful" about this?
You don't think this is powerful, emotionally?

Quote:What's your point?
That maybe you should understand why people fight against you.

Quote:It's a war, people die, why are you surprised by this?
I'm not.
I would say "exaggeration" is more appropriate.
Propaganda

Exactly. Propoganda from the US government is what's allowing this to happen in the first place. Just look at Al Jazeera's Hompage for more.

Oh, wait, you meant propoganda from the people currently being blown up? Maybe if you paid attention, you'd have some idea as to what's propoganda and what's truth.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement