linux help again

Started by
2 comments, last by Q-Parser 19 years, 4 months ago
well I've been up and running linux for a while now. I've installed programs like wine, and the new doom demo. About the only thing I can work with was installing x-chat from scratch but I mostly rely on RPM's for doing my install. I was trying to install this 3d dekstop when all of a sudden my rpm won't install automtically, before it used to and now it asks what program I want to associate with this. If any of you have help for this I would really appreciate this. I will also look for a site to maybe install stuff without rpm, but as for learning it helps me alot. Thank you everyone
-Chalma/Pspiro
Advertisement
What distobution are you runnning and what package manager was it opening befor?
I am running mandrake linux 10.0, (the 64-bit version) and have kde 3.2. I was just installing a bunch of stuff to get the the 3d desktop working. I'm even willing to just if there is a goback setting to do that and try again
-Chalma/Pspiro
Have you tried it manually or using drakconf? From what you wrote I understood that 3d dekstop(I don't know what it is) needs to have its dependencies installed. Try this:

rpm -iU name-of-package.rpm

and post the output here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement