New game for Linux and Windows in development!

Started by
7 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 4 months ago
Click Here It's a new SciFi game I am developing, opensource of course.
Advertisement
There's not a whole lot of information on that page, kinda defeats the purpose of having one no?
incredible models. I could barely see them. at all. it was as if they don't exist.
hmmm you have absolutely nothing on the page. What exactly do you want us to look at?
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
I assume he wants us to read the about page, although there isn't much info there either... although, when it's released, I'd be happy to compile a Mac binary, for people that don't want to compile it themselves. You do already have some done right? december seems a little early for a video game with speech recognition and, I assume, 3D(since you have a [currently broken] link to a 3D models page), especially if you don't have much done yet
I'm not flaming but, speech recognition?

Good lord you're in for a world of problems.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Actually - he isn't. Speech recognistion is a very well explored research field these days and many (even some free) libraries and SDK's are available that do a fairly good job.
MS' free speech SDK for example needs a very short training phase of only a few (read: less than 5) minutes. After the training it works very well (and that was some years ago, I guess current version are even better).

Quote:Original post by darookie
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Actually - he isn't. Speech recognistion is a very well explored research field these days and many (even some free) libraries and SDK's are available that do a fairly good job.
MS' free speech SDK for example needs a very short training phase of only a few (read: less than 5) minutes. After the training it works very well (and that was some years ago, I guess current version are even better).
MacOSX also has a good free speech SDK, it doesn't _require_ any training(although it helps to train it). And, actually, it's integrated into the Finder(the MacOSX equivalent of Explorer), it's set up so you can do almost anything you can do with the mouse(Opening folders, running applications, even playing chess), just by speaking to it. You could use precompiler code to detect the target OS, and pick which SDK to use(for Linux and other UNIXes, you would need to find something else, though)
Really, thats news to me, I wish you the best of luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement