Help with a game

Started by
4 comments, last by jbadams 19 years, 4 months ago
Where is the best in the GameDev place for me to find people who would like to help me with a game I am writing in C#? If I am not getting responses, what should I do?
Advertisement
First you should decide what kind of game you'd like to make. Then write a design document (look in my signature), and post in the help wanted section.
The "Help Wanted" forum would be your best bet I think.

Just gotta hope for responses. Be polite and clear about your goals, someone may jump on with you.

Good luck, man.
My advice would be to make up a clear and concise description of your game, such as a design-document, as was previously mentioned. Then, you would probably want to post in the help-wanted section, with all your background info, and, if you can swing it, some examples of stuff you've already done, to show your not just another 'idea-guy'.

If you are not getting responses, such as no replies in the first 24 hours, you would want to bump your post, or, even better, post some new information. Eventually, people will come, and reply. I don't think I've seen a single thread here without at least 1 reply!

Cheers!
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
can i help?
Bring more Pain
Firstly, SirLuthor has given excellent advise. I just thought I'd add a little more on if you don't get replies:

It may help to go back over your original post - you can use the edit button to change things. Make sure there are no obvious spelling or grammar mistakes if you can avoid it (I'm not saying your spelling or grammar is bad, your post in this thread looked perfect in fact, but people do make typos, and if you go back to fix any of these, it will make your post seem just that little bit more professional). On a related note, when posting for help, type and your post, and then read back over it - just to make sure it makes sense, and includes all the information you want to give. It can be quite easy to forget some small detail while typing up your post after all.

Also, make sure you're providing enough information for people who may want to help out. Good luck. [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement