• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
peter_b

ID3DXAnimationController problems again

This topic is 4961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Im having some problem with skinned mesh animations. I have loaded a mesh hierarchy and cloned two new ID3DXAnimationController to use. The problem is that the animation i set for one controller affectes the other, for instance if i set controller nr1 to start playing the run animation, both instance's start playing it.(Or atleast it appears that way). I think this has to do with that the controllers are sharing the same mesh hierarchy, but i cannot figure out what my problem is. I cant find anything that i am doing diffrently from the samples. My code is based on the SkinnedMesh and MultiAnim samples. Every frame i do this: 1. controller->AdvanceTime(); 2. Update the frame matrices (this is what i think messes things up) 3. Draw the mesh hierarchy. I have tried to update all frame's TransformationMatrix to a identity matrix before i call advance time on every controller. This *almost* works, the animations gets independant of each other but instead the entire mesh gets distorted in small intervalls when all the bodyparts are placed on origo. If anyone know a solution to this i would be very greatful, im running out if ideas.. :-( Thanks in advance. Here is my code: the function that updates the frames matrices every tick, the first parent matrix is an identity matrix:
void animation_instance_t::update_frame_matrices(D3DXFRAME* pFrameBase, D3DXMATRIX* pParentMatrix)
	{
		D3DXFRAME_EX *pFrame = (D3DXFRAME_EX*)pFrameBase;

if(pParentMatrix)
			D3DXMatrixMultiply(&pFrame->CombinedTransformationMatrix, &pFrame->TransformationMatrix, pParentMatrix);
		else
			pFrame->CombinedTransformationMatrix = pFrame->TransformationMatrix;
		if(pFrame->pFrameSibling)
			update_frame_matrices(pFrame->pFrameSibling, pParentMatrix);
		if(pFrame->pFrameFirstChild)
			update_frame_matrices(pFrame->pFrameFirstChild, &pFrame->CombinedTransformationMatrix);
	}

The skinning, called for every mesh container when the hierarchy is drawn, dont think this could be the problem but i post it anyway, u never know:
UINT cBone = pMeshContainer->pSkinInfo->GetNumBones();

// set up bone transforms
			for(UINT iBone = 0; iBone < cBone; ++iBone)
				D3DXMatrixMultiply(
				&m_multi_animation->m_pBoneMatrices[iBone],
				&pMeshContainer->pBoneOffsetMatrices[iBone],
				pMeshContainer->ppBoneMatrixPtrs[iBone]);

PBYTE       pbVerticesSrc;
			PBYTE       pbVerticesDest;

pMeshContainer->pOrigMesh->LockVertexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONLY, (LPVOID*)&pbVerticesSrc);
			pMeshContainer->MeshData.pMesh->LockVertexBuffer(0, (LPVOID*)&pbVerticesDest);

// generate skinned mesh
			pMeshContainer->pSkinInfo->UpdateSkinnedMesh(m_multi_animation->m_pBoneMatrices, NULL, pbVerticesSrc, pbVerticesDest);

pMeshContainer->pOrigMesh->UnlockVertexBuffer();
			pMeshContainer->MeshData.pMesh->UnlockVertexBuffer();

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!