possible bug in parameter reading?

Started by
3 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi! Back again. Things are going smoothly but I spotted an odity with the paramter parsing. My script line looks like... CreateButton( s, "language\\startgame\\", 320.0f, 200.0f, "Title_StartClicked" ); And I get an error saying it expects a , or ) after column 59 (or something). It was the end of 200.0f and there definately is a comma after it. Removing the trailing \\'s from the second parameter fixed it. I'm using the asBSTR class for strings. This is how it looked for the error to go away and everything to work again... CreateButton( s, "language\\startgame", 320.0f, 200.0f, "Title_StartClicked" ); Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks Scott
Advertisement
This is probably a bug in the tokenizer. I'll look into it as soon as possible. Thanks for the tip.

What version are you using? 1.10.1 Stable?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

My hunch was correct. Here's the bug fix:

file: as_tokenizer.cpp
function: bool asCTokenizer::IsConstant()
line: 256
action: Exchange the if-statement for the below implementation.

// String constant between double-quotes	if( source[0] == '"' )	{		bool evenSlashes = true;		int n;		for( n = 1; n < sourceLength; n++ )		{			if( source[n] == '\n' ) break;			if( source[n] == '"' && evenSlashes )			{				tokenType = ttStringConstant;				tokenLength = n+1;				return true;			}			if( source[n] == '\\' ) evenSlashes = !evenSlashes; else evenSlashes = true;		}		tokenType = ttNonTerminatedStringConstant;		tokenLength = n-1;		return true;	}

What's your full name, Scott? I'd like to credit you for finding the bug.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Hello

My full name is Scott Newby, glad I could help. Good work on the speedy fix - brilliant job.

You can also add us to the list of people using AngelScript. Our website is www.bigfizz.com. We develop games for selling through the web and also games for the pub\bar industry in the UK. The machines are pc's in standalone cabinets, customer walks up, puts 50p in and chooses a game. Most of them give you a chance of winning up to £20.

We'll be implementing angelscript into our new projects.

Good work!

scott
Well, that is certainly great news. I'm happy to hear that you chose AngelScript as your scripting engine. I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement