Sign in to follow this  
Voices

Selling Your Mobile Phone Games

Okay this is a question that's come up once or twice in other threads but has never been really answered. You're a small-time games developer - you don't have the resources to make games on the same scale as Macrospace, Gameloft, etc and you don't have the resources advertise and promote on the same level either - so how exactly do you get that glorious game you've spent months working on into consumers pockets and cash into your own? I've been developing my own free mobile phone games for some time now with much success - however now I'd like to make a little bit of money for some of my new, better games - not much, just a little. I've tried Handango which everyone seems to think is great but 95% of the products I looked at have had ZERO purchases so is much good. There are content distributors who do all the hard work for you once you've made the game but they all want really high-quality products, the type small time developers just can't produce. I've now decided to give bango.com a go, I pay £10 a month and integrate two charging points into my wap site (check out wap.lostincode.co.uk to see what I'm talking about) and then get 60% of all sales. So far so good but now I'm struggling to turn the huge interest in my free games into any interest for my premium games. So here's the question - what services, techniques has anyone found to be useful in selling their mobile games and gathering interest?

Hey,

Try out some form of web advertising. Spread your name and game around the net through any means possible. Checkout which sites attract mobile gamers and get your ads put up there. Remember you have to spend money to make money!

Another good method of spreading the word is submitting your game to mobile game review sites. They've already got the customer base and it doesnt cost you much at all. If it gets a good review you should see money coming your way in no time.

Best of luck,